- Professor of Economics at Eastern Oregon University
- Not Clearly Pro or Con to the question "Should the Death Penalty Be Allowed?"
“We would oppose the death penalty, were it simply a crap shoot, but this game is played with clearly loaded dice. Our criminal justice system, like every other institution in American society, is infected by prejudice and discrimination.”
Cowritten with Jeffery L. Johnson, “Poverty and the Death Penalty,” Journal of Economic Issues, June 2001
- Theoretical Expertise Ranking:
Individuals with MDs, JDs, PhDs, or equivalent advanced degrees in fields relevant to death penalty issues. Also top-level government officials (such as foreign leaders, US presidents, Founding Fathers, Supreme Court Justices, members of legislative bodies, cabinet members, military leaders, etc.) with positions relevant to death penalty issues.
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- Mayor, City of La Grande Oregon
- Professor of Economics, Eastern Oregon State University
- PhD, Washington State University, 1988
- BA, University of Minesota, 1982
- MS, California State University, 1976
- BA, University of California, 1973
- None found
- Quoted in: