- Senior Fellow at the Urban Institute and Executive Director of the District of Columbia Crime Policy Institute
- Not Clearly Pro or Con to the question "Should the Death Penalty Be Allowed?"
“John K. Roman, a senior research associate who presented the Urban Institute study to the commission, said his organization was not advocating the repeal or continuation of capital punishment. Rather, he said, he wanted commission members to be more fully informed of the policy implications of maintaining ‘a death penalty regime’ in Maryland.”
John Wagner, “Md. Panel Hears Views On Death Penalty,” Washington Post, Aug. 20, 2008
- Theoretical Expertise Ranking:
Individuals with MDs, JDs, PhDs, or equivalent advanced degrees in fields relevant to death penalty issues. Also top-level government officials (such as foreign leaders, US presidents, Founding Fathers, Supreme Court Justices, members of legislative bodies, cabinet members, military leaders, etc.) with positions relevant to death penalty issues.
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- Executive Director, District of Columbia Crime Policy Institute, Oct. 2009-present
- Lecturer, University of Pennsylvania, July 2009-present
- Affiliated Professor, Georgetown University, Aug. 2006-present
- Senior Fellow, Justice Policy Center, The Urban Institute, June 1997-present
- PhD, University of Maryland College Park, 2009
- MPP, Public Policy, University of Michigan, 1997
- BA, Political Science, Kenyon College, 1991
- None found
- Quoted in: