- Victim Liaison and Spokesperson for California Crime Victims for Alternatives to the Death Penalty
- Con to the question "Should the Death Penalty Be Legal?"
“In the days and weeks that followed my brother’s murder I was immobilized by the trauma. I craved information about who killed him. I wanted this person, this criminal, brought to justice…
I am still waiting, four years later, for a suspect to be named and for justice to take its course. It has been agonizing for me to go through the pain and grief of Bob’s violent death. But the possibility of the death penalty for the murderer is an additional burden and a cruel twist that adds to my sense of victimization.
I have never and will never support the death penalty. I know now, more than ever, that killing is wrong. Revenge will not bring my brother back and it will not bring me peace. I honor my brother’s life and my memory of him by standing against the practice of delivering justice through execution.”
“The Death Penalty Will Only Cause Me More Pain,” deathpenalty.org (accessed Apr. 13, 2015)
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- Victim liaison and spokesperson, California Crime Victims for Alternatives to the Death Penalty (CCV)
- None found
- Testified before California Commission on the Fair Administration of Justice on Mar. 28, 2008
- Quoted in: