- Former NFL player and President of the NFL Players Association
- Pro to the question "Should the Death Penalty Be Allowed?"
“I urge a no vote on Prop. 62 [to repeal California’s death penalty] and yes on Prop. 66 [to speed up California’s death penalty] to ensure the worst of the worst killers receive the strongest sentence. A yes on Prop. 66 brings closure to families while saving California taxpayers millions of dollars every year.”
“Letters to the Editor, Oct. 1,” sfchronicle.com, Sep. 30, 2016
- Theoretical Expertise Ranking:
Individuals and organizations that do not fit into the other star categories.
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- Former Board Member, Lott IMPACT Trophy
- Former President, NFL Players Association, 1975-1976
- Former NFL Player, Philadelphia Eagles, 1972-1973
- Former NFL Player, Los Angeles Rams, 1970-1971
- Former NFL Player, San Francisco 49ers, 1963-1969
- Former Probation Officer, County of San Francisco
- Attended University of California at Los Angeles (UCLA)
- Member, UCLA Athletics Hall of Fame, 1986
- His mother, sister, and two nephews were murdered in Los Angeles on Aug. 31, 1984