- Rabbi and Editor of Aish.com
- Not Clearly Pro or Con to the question "Should the Death Penalty Be Allowed?"
“Judaism supports the death penalty, but only when there are at least two eyewitnesses who fully corroborate their testimony, and also that the criminal was warned beforehand that committing this crime could result in the death penalty.”
Response to “What are the Jewish views on the death penalty?” posted in the “Ask Rabbi Simmons” section of About.com, accessed on July 25, 2008
- Theoretical Expertise Ranking:
Individuals with MDs, JDs, PhDs, or equivalent advanced degrees in fields relevant to death penalty issues. Also top-level government officials (such as foreign leaders, US presidents, Founding Fathers, Supreme Court Justices, members of legislative bodies, cabinet members, military leaders, etc.) with positions relevant to death penalty issues.
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- Editor, Aish.com
- Chief Editor, JewishPathways.com
- Founding Editor, HonestReporting.com
- Former Director of Outreach, Aish HaTorah, Los Angeles
- Former reporter, various newspapers and magazines
- Received Rabbinic Ordination from the Chief Rabbi of Israel, 1994
- BA, Journalism, University of Texas, Austin
- None found
- Quoted in: