1. Ask yourself “whether we deserve to kill” via the Equal Justice Initiative.
2. Explore the information in the Execution Database provided by the Death Penalty Information Center.
3. Consider former US Deputy Attorney General Jeffrey A. Rosen’s argument that the death penalty is “straightforward” legally.
4. Consider how you felt about the issue before reading this article. After reading the pros and cons on this topic, has your thinking changed? If so, how? List two to three ways. If your thoughts have not changed, list two to three ways your better understanding of the “other side of the issue” now helps you better argue your position.
5. Push for the position and policies you support by writing US national senators and representatives.